Tuesday, December 3, 2013

IntelliJ 12 Customers Getting Screwed with Version 13 Release

JetBrains has officially released version 13 of their IntelliJ Idea IDE. They have also managed to screw over their most recent version 12 customers. All customers that have purchased version 12 before October 30th will have to pay the upgrade cost.

I purchased my copy on Oct 11th. The right thing to do for any software product seller is offer a free upgrade for anyone who has purchased within the last 6 months.

I moved over to IntelliJ from Netbeans and Eclipse for a better development experience. Now, I am wondering if I should go back or start the search again for a new development IDE. It is bad enough that JetBrains doesn't offer enough updates to their products, but this may just be too hard to swallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment